Thursday, March 23, 2006

Day 1, The Plane Ride




Okay, I’ve held this off long enough. Let’s get to talking about my trip to Italy and Greece.
I left for Europe from the Toronto International Airport on March 7. We met in the parking lot of my school and went on a really big bus that hade places to put our backpacks and everything. We landed in Toronto and went thru a long and frustrating work of getting past all the paper work. We had to pick up a hairbrush for me because I forgot to get one, presuming my dad would pack one. I told you my dad was coming, right. Anyway, we eventually got on the plane. I got a window seat beside my dad. The inflight movie was "Pride and Prejudice," which I didn't watch. I read a bit of Stephen King's "The Drawing of the Three," and I kept thinking of the bit with Eddie Dean, who is smuggling cocaine into the U.S. and is on a plane. In the book, I think I was a little bit after that.
I got to have a bit of sleep on the airplane, and for breakfast I had something called a Breakfast Box, which had an omelette and a little cake thing that was very good. We also got to see a bit of the Alps and some islands. The Alps are the white mountains we have a picture off. I hope you find them very impressive.
Landing was the worst part, because of the pressure that came in my ears. Thankfully my dad had some gum on him and we were able to get the rest of it out on my first day in Rome.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Those are impressive mountains. Very cool. Nice pic of you there too. I like your hair. :) I hope you're gonna tell more about your trip in future posts...

Dylan said...

I sure hope so too.